There are many ways to block websites. But why you need to block websites. You can do that to block spammers. If you have a kid you can block some harmful sites or gaming sites from your child. Let’s see some simple tricks to block websites.
Tricks to block websites
Block particular websites using Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon on the right-hand top side.
2. Click on Internet options.
3. Go to Security tab.
4. Click on the restricted tab and enter the site that you wish to block.
With this trick, all the users of the computer will not be able to access The internet. If you wish to block websites only for a single person, you can set a password to access restricted websites.
1. Go to general tab in the content advisor.
2. Put a check box next to “supervisor can type password”.
Block websites using Host file
Yes, you can use the edit the Host file on the computer and block websites. Here are steps:
1. Open notepad on your computer and click on File on the top.
2. Click on the option that says open.
3. You need to navigate to the host file. You can access it by entering the path “C: WindowsSystem32Driversetc”.
4. Click on all files option and you can see the host file.
5. Go the last line of the host file which shows the address 127.0.0.1
Enter the name of the website you need to block. For example, if you wish to block youtube, you need to enter as below:
6. Then click on save. You can enter multiple websites to block them.
Block websites using Parental control
1. Go to control panel and click on the parental control.
2. Click on the user account for which you want to block the websites and enter the name of the websites and click on save.
Block websites using security software
Every antivirus will have the security or protection tab. With the help of those, you can block either the applications or any particular websites.
Block websites using modem/router
In most wireless modem/ router, there will be an option to block websites. You can look for security or restrictions tab. Just enter the name of the websites you wish to block. For detailed instructions, you can refer the user guide of your modem/router.
In this post, we have learned the tricks to block websites. If you have liked this post, you can share it with your friends.
Like this post?
Join us to get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.